View Single Post
Old 12.18.2012, 09:03 AM   #36
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Everything exists without us humans needing to be involved. Everything existed before we got here, and it will be here long after humans are extinct.

It is the height of vanity to assume that everything we see and feel around us is here for OUR benefit.

Time is part of spacetime, just like magnetism is part of electricity and vice versa.

This is why I always have said that time travel can only happen towards teh future, The future, from our vantage point in existence, has not yet occurred. The past is set in stone for us. Travelling to the past would not be impossible but it would be impossible to change anything.
If in this day, you havea time machine that allowed you to travel back to 1492, and you tried to kill Columbus,. you would fail. Columbus had to live for the world to be the world in which you got your time machine. This means changes cannot be made to the past.

Now, if your time machine was also a dimensional travel machine, you could travel maybe to an alternate universe's past, and there kill columbus, but the world that would unfold after that would be a completely different one to the one you came from.