View Single Post
Old 06.04.2015, 08:50 AM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I've heard of people "ordering" vehicles, I've just never knew of one who did it. Will they take your old car away, did they give you much for it......did you ever get it running? I'm curious if negotiating can be accomplished when ordering online compared to dealing with someone face to face at the dealership?

What color vehicle did you choose?

We switched over to Direct TV at the begging of the year, so I'll be experiencing NFL Sunday Ticket for the first time this season : )

My old car is NOT running at all. I did not use it as a trade-in. I am going to sell it for parts, maybe get $800-$1000 for it. If it was a trade-in they would take it away.

it was an interesting experience. I contacted them and one of their people reached out to me. I talked to him on the phone for an hour, discussing what D&M do (new car leases, and late-model car financing), how it all works, and most important;y, what car I was looking for and what I wanted to pa and what I wanted to keep the payments to a month, and what APR I was hoping to get.

(the trick with them is you need to do your own research and find out what 2-3 different makes and models you really want and know are good cars.)

We talked several times over the next days, because I had asked him to look into leases, AND financing options. He got back to me several times and eventually I decided the best thing for me was to finance a vehicle from them.

I eventually settled on a 2014 Passatt. I went to VW and test drove the 2014 wolfsburg, to see if it was what I really wanted. Then, I met with the guy and filled out contracts, after ironing out over the phone issues such as warranty (I got a 6 year, 100,000 mile warranty added), and color available (I got silver with black leather interior).

Once I signed the paperwork and provided down payment, they do not process it until your car is delivered (to your home or work) and only if you look at it, and say "YES" . I was given 24 hours to get the car inspected by mechanic to make sure it was what was sold to me. It passed with flying colors. If you find the car is not what was stated or it is damaged in some way, tey take it back and start anew. No cost to you.

I have bought cars from dealers, and I fucking HATE IT (dealing with run-around, fake "managers", bait-and-switch tactics, etc.). I have bought cars from a car lot (CARMax), and I HATE IT (way overpriced, ridiculous financing terms and high APR)

I was unbelievably impressed with the D&M Auto Leasing and Finance people.

I had tried to finance through my bank and then my credit union, and was turned down for both loans.