View Single Post
Old 10.11.2013, 08:32 PM   #234
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Ok. It turns out I didn't see the new Frontline about NFL and brain injury, but an older version. I just saw the new one, fuck. Its not a surprise, but its about as ugly as Food, Inc. NFL lawyers spent decades shutting down and discrediting legitimate medical and scientific research which had several smoking guns to the specific impact of repetitive hits to the head in football and long-term structural brain damage. Fuck. This is worse than how Tim Donaghy shut down NBA for me. I bounced back and starting watching basketball again, because all that scandal proved is what we had already suspected for a long time, that the NBA is often rigged. That isn't a big deal, I like movies and novels, fiction can be entertaining and sociable. However, this NFL issue about safety, in fact, not just the safety of NFL players, but ALL football players in America, from pop-warner kids, to high school kids, to college folks. Now the earlier Frontline about the increasing injuries to kids playing tackle football was revealing enough. I was pretty pissed off about that. I don't understand how we can let teenagers get torn ACLs and ripped Achilles in high school football and concede it as normal? That earlier Frontline demonstrated just how extreme, hard-hitting, and dangerous high school football has become as it increasingly adopts NFL level styles of play. College football too. Now we find out the NFL has been sabotaging medical research for decades to hide the impact of brain injury on players? The NFL sets the example. Kids and teenagers will continue to play football because, "The NFL said its safe." The NFL sets the example. Fucking shit. I'm honestly not sure I can with good conscience follow NFL right now. I'm going to have to step back like I did with the NBA a few years ago. This shit is serious yo.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|