View Single Post
Old 10.10.2013, 08:28 PM   #231
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Its not Schaub alone, its the offensive line and backs who are letting those INT turn into pick-6. If Schaub had 5 INT in the past games, it would be much less a problem, in fact maybe even not a problem at all. Now 4 consecutive pick-6 is a problem, but I don't personally think its on Schaub. And by the way, if y'all can keep up that defense than it will even out, so y'all should hope to stay tuff on that end of the football, and let the offense work it out. Falcons? Done. Sadly.

Hoping the Ravens can carry this momentum and beat Green Bay in Baltimore. Its more likely than its not.

I was talking with a friend, and he made the point that to beat Denver teams should focus on offense and try to score a lot of points. Dallas almost beat Denver this way, really, Cowboys lost to themselves more than they lost to the Broncos. Ravens same thing in Game 1, they were ahead at the half, and dropped two passes in the end zone and on pass in the red-zone. In other words, that game could have been 49-41, or even a different game entirely. Denver didn't throw that pick and Broncos would have lost. Dallas and Baltimore are the only teams to lead against Denver at any point in a game this season. Maybe there is something to that.

Me? I think that teams should just abandon the pass-rush. Dallas blitzed like crazy and simply couldn't touch Peyton Manning. Denver's O-line is what made Tim Tebow (!!) set all-time NFL PASSING RECORDS IN THE POST-SEASON. Seriously. Real deal offensive line there. So nobody is going to touch Manning. Baltimore has one of the best pash-rushing defenses in the NFL right now, and they couldn't get to Peyton. I say teams should just stop blitzing, and focus on the pass, run, and deep pass. Thomas ran for two TDs against Baltimore. They've scored deep passes 12 times this season. Why waste defenders on a blitz? Go zone and shut out Denver's passing lanes. Focus on a strong defensive line, and stuff Bronco rushers. I think it can work. Its essentially how Baltimore beat Denver in the playoffs last January, but shutting down Peyton's deep passing game and stuffing the run.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|