View Single Post
Old 02.15.2012, 03:22 PM   #22
Dude McDude
bad moon rising

Dude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
- what if one roommate uses too much ass paper and the others have to use crumpled notebooks? how is that regulated?
To oversimplify: Some nations/leaders support inequal power as a mean for distribution. Others prefer democracy. Then there are those who use the first under the pretence that they represent the latter... But you knew that already, right? ...Right?

Quote:
- what if i don't like the current asspaper because my rose button needs softer tissue. do it take it up with the mayor of the city or do i start a petition or is there a choice?
Oversimplified: liberal market theories claims that rose button issues will spontaneously be expressed through increased market demands. Recent theories focus on controlling decision making. In other words, the purpose is to convince you that you have rose button issues regardless of the matters at hand...

Quote:
my question i guess is how you deal with scarcity-- the fact that there's not enough of everything to go around in the amounts that everyone wants. in a market economy, that's regulated by prices--you get premium "tissue", you get the cheap asspaper, you get old newspapers if you can't afford that, and if people start to buy more than there is available the prices go up until demand stabilizes or production goes up to meet demand. what about in this system?
Again oversimplified: Demands are not determined by supply according to Marxist theory. As Marx famously put it: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need".

In reality these theories has a different meaning, though... Where i live these things are controlled under what's called a mixed economy. Remember that we are discussing oversimplifying theories. Reality is more complex and nuanced.

the colony of unlimited power will pass a despot of hardly any man
Dude McDude is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|