View Single Post
Old 11.13.2011, 12:38 AM   #10
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I agree, but it's something to look forward to. I just wonder what they will do with Ozzy's voice? Can't say I stay up on his new releases, but songs I've hard on the radio over the past several years all sound like they have some sort of echo effect. I just wonder if he can still bring it......sure hope he can!

Ozzy barely "sang" to begin with. I like his vocals in Black Sabbath, but they are not the most interesting part of the band by along shot. Never cared for his solo career. Bands often have to adjust their playing to their changed voices after 30-40 years. I saw the Buffalo Springfield reunion (very different band, approximately same age), was afraid it might dissapoint, but they did a great job; arrangements adjusted to fit older voices. Not exactly the same as their youth, not reasonable to expect them to be. My concern is that Tony, Geezer and Bill find a way to rekindle the writing and arranging ability they had in their youth. With that in place, it won't be hard for Ozzy to play his part, even if his speech is permanently slurred.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|