View Single Post
Old 04.29.2009, 02:30 PM   #80
harlock_jds
little trouble girl

harlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to beholdharlock_jds is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i think it's the mark of a dullard to describe new SY records as a combination of a couple previous releases

I can certainly understand the criticism on this album. This is the first time i can actually hear such blatant references to past songs. I'm sure it's deliberately a retrospective of where they have been and not just 'getting lazy' but i trust the band to not 'be lazy' and don't really mind the band 'taking a break' as it were.

As for 'sloppiness' i like the sloppiness, I've missed it on recent albums and live shows have become been too 'clean' (esp in the RR tour which was a pretty dull show)

I had decided to not see them on this tour because i was 'soniced out'... this album and the promise of the new material being really good live have brought me back and looking forward to the show.
harlock_jds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|