View Single Post
Old 04.04.2006, 02:33 PM   #7
saoq
bad moon rising

saoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to behold
I lean toward #2. My objection is that it wasn't and still isn't beatiful. I think it's the single most dangerous venture - which is still underway,half-done - humans ever undertook. Building pyramids, crossing the desert or defending Troy are childish games compared to this.
Im. Kant, for whom I feel a great respect, defined Enlightmnt as "man's exit from his self-imposed immaturity (or childhood). Immaturity is the inability to use one's understanding without guidance from another".

I hate postmodernists. I hate postmodernist essays, papers. I physically hate em. they remind me of alchemists or scripture-interpretators, constructing huge, hermetic, super-complex nothingness-es. A great thinker has neither the time nor the intention to write in a hermetic manner; he has better things to do.
saoq is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|