View Single Post
Old 06.19.2013, 07:59 PM   #449
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
hahaha I don't know yet. Let me put it this way,

I'd say YEEZUS is the most impressive album of the year (so far). So uh, "Best Album" of the year so far?

But I'd still probably call LONG.LIVE.A$AP. my "Favorite" album of the year (so far). It's the one I"ve listened to the most. The one I keep going back to.

Does that make sense? They're my Top 2 albums of the year so far, but in diff ways.

LongLive grows on me more every time I listen, but Yeezus kills it. I can, however, easily envision a future where I find LongLive more enjoyable. It is not better, or even really comparable. But it's a lot less emotionally intense. Yeezus has some moments that actually kind of hurt.

Fronting suicide... Funnily enough, when I think of how much pain I can hear behind the voice on this album, I think of In Utero.

Lots of people are making lots of stupid jokes about this album. Anyone read the Entertainment Weekly piece about Kanye and Lucille Bluth? It was a quiz comparing the lyrics on Yeezus to the satirically empty social tunnel vision of a white woman so privileged that her prison is a fucking spa resort.

Apparently EW thinks white inherited wealth = ridiculously awesome / black "by the bootstraps" wealth = just ridiculous.

I hate having to sound like a knee jerk liberal, or one of those "cultural sensitivity" nuts who calls Nas racist for naming his album "Nigger," but fucking Christ that shit is insulting.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|