View Single Post
Old 12.22.2012, 04:42 PM   #57
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
On a more serious note, I read earlier today that there had been 100 United States gun deaths SINCE Sandy Hook (over the past eight days) while Britain, France, Germany Japan, Sweden & Denmark combined for only 112 in all of 2011.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bytor Peltor again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I doubt my niece had a handgun on her person, but I know for a fact she knows how to use one: load, unload, point and shoot and hit what you're aiming at. I also have no doubt that her uncle next to her in the picture or her dad (the one taking the picture) were strapped as they never venture into the wilds without.

Personally, I have no desire to own assault weapons (riffle / machine gun style). I also believe 30 round clips are pointless, other than the helicopter video I posted earlier. I believe the Federal Government will somehow try to regulate these particular items. Make no doubt about it, the Federal Government will have a massive fight on it's hands and I doubt they will win, but it wouldn't her my feelings if they did.

This being said, we're talking about the Federal Government where they never do anything black and white. Any restrictions they come up with will somehow be beyond the scope of assault weapons and this is will what will fuel the battle of gun owners rights.

Why the massive fight? Who in their right mind honestly could contest a ban on ultra-dangerous weapons? They are called assault weapons because they were designed for forward military operations, an assault. Further, why do Americans need to own SEVERAL hand guns? Why not ask for an ID when buying ammunition? If it is for honest purposes, why not be honest about it? See these are the kinds of regulations that have worked in California and Los Angeles County for years now. We have state and local level assault weapons bans, hand gun purchase limits, and mandatory ID for ALL ammunition. The net result? Lawful gun owners have their shit, and we have less crime and murders as the criminals lose access.

Of course, Byron, you already should know that I am TOTALLY opposed to ALL gun ownership and sales in this country. The grim reality Americans need to face is that bad guys and good guys get their guns from the same places, so if you cut off the guns, you cut off the bad guys. This is what has worked in California and D.C. and N.Y.C and we believe it can work in the entire nation as well. As it is, if the Federal Government can't get its shit together, the local states, counties and cities can easily pursue as have California and New York.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but if you take away the guns, you eliminate more than half the chance. Other societies seem to be able to handle the responsibility of guns just fine, in Finland 1 in 3 people own a gun and their murder rates and gun violence rates are quite literally an embarrassment to American culture and society. So really, guns aren't the problem, but clearly armed Americans is

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|