Thread: Nine Inch Nails
View Single Post
Old 07.27.2016, 08:25 PM   #58
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
dude. every time I scroll down a page that Severian has made his place in I feel like popping up some popcorn. long post. entertaining yes. long though.

where do you type this and how many words can you type a minute? do you just spew it out with no effort at all at work or something?

Honestly? yes. Little to no effort... certainly not something I proofread or fact check, hence the errors. I just swipe on my phone and set my thumbs free.

I do it deliberately, though. I don't much time to write about whatever pops into my head for the fuck of it, but I know that doing that kind of writing on a daily basis can have a profound effect on productivity and resourcefulness. I use the SYG the way some dipshit assholes use writing prompt apps and dream journals.

And yeah most of it is done at work. I'm fortunate to be in a profession that allows me to write almost constantly, but a lot of the writing I do at work is pretty soulless. Have you ever written press releases before, G? It's fucking tedious. Ever proofed and edited freelance submissions? Yikes. I consider it my right to take breaks for this shit, especially since it keeps me from hating my job.

I know I have a shitload of room for improvement with my writing, and I think just going apeshit on a topic you know about can make you a better writer all around.
Sorry it's long (kinda... not really). Glad you find it entertaining (really). It's an entirely selfish endeavor.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|