Thread: Cooler Archives
View Single Post
Old 01.25.2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, I didn't realize Thurston had the CGDGCD tuning back in '98. I guess I knew he was working on the "Murray Street" stuff circa '99 and beyond but I never heard any of it. Early versions of "Disconnection Notice" and "Radical Adults" in '98, huh!

Still seems odd that those songs didn't end up on some sort of Thurston solo album, and instead formed the core of Murray Street several years later, while some of the really wild stuff they wrote for Murray Street remained unreleased until The Destroyed Room.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|