View Single Post
Old 02.17.2017, 10:15 AM   #175
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
College Dropout is boring AF. Do not understand the praise. HATE the sing-along chorus shit. I guess it sounded "different" or something in 2004 compared to the fucking wretched shit that was hip hop at that time (just looked up the albums released in 2004. holy shit was it all suck). boring. two listens is enough for my lifetime..

Moving on to album # 2. Now I gotta find someone to give away this used copy of College Dropout to.

"Jesus Walks," "Breathe in, Breathe Out," "Never Let Me Down," "Family Business," "School Spirit" all = great, solid, awesome songs.

But Late Registration is so much better. I actually think you'd like "We Major" ... it's a funeral dirge about smoking and dranking and being awesome with a New Orleans feel. Really Doe's chorus has a drawl to it you should enjoy. Also, Houston's own Paul Wall is on there. But if you want bars and bars over subwoofer bass, it's not there. The album is too indebted to chamber pop, to the Beatles, to Simon & Garfunkel, to George Martin.

There's singing on it!! And multiple styles are wrapped up with lyrical hip-hop in a blanket of live strings and piano keys to make a truly genre-transcending album.

You might just need your rap music to be much, much, much simpler and more straight-forward than anything Kanye's got going on.

Which is ok.

BUT... if you continue to rag on Kanye and troll any of my Kanye posts like it's your fucking job, I will continue to call all kinds of bullshit on you for worshiping his many derivatives.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|