View Single Post
Old 02.16.2017, 07:51 PM   #170
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I love Kanye's "beard." I love all the Kardashians. More power to them.

Future does NOT do sing-song shit. You are thinking about Drake!

The only reason people denigrate Future and Young Thug and such as "mumble rappers" is because they are ignorant. They do not know EPMD. They do not understand why they "mumble." It is the lean and the dabs and the drugs they love, which I love. I HATED the Puff Daddy era of hip hop where the main drug was cocaine and the music reflected that vacuous bullshit high you get from coke.

Future is here to stay. Future Hendrix. Future is like the Butthole Surfers and Kanye is like Maroon 5.

How many rappers have ever been "here to stay?" How many rappers have stayed vital for more than a decade?

I'll tell you how many: 4 ...
Dr. Dre (even though I hate his stupid ass
A Tribe Called Quest (with an 18 year break, so they don't really count)
Kool Keith (has had more disasters than successes; is only vital relative to the average rapper)
Kanye West

How many have stayed commercially viable, critically praised, and maintained a massive fan base for more than a decade?

I'll tell you how many: 1...

Kanye West.

Kanye West is the (ugh, I hate this phrase) ... GOAT. He is. By any measure imaginable. He's the greatest rapper of all time even though he's far less skilled than many, many rappers.

Future being "here to stay" is a pipe dream. He's already post-peak, and a cult figure in hip-hop. Kanye West is a certainty. He could stop making music today... or last year.. or three years ago... or even in 2010, and he'd still be the most versatile, influential and important artist in any genre since MJ and Prince.

Calling him "maroon 5" just shows your ignorance to the music around you. Dumny. people who hate Maroon 5 (like me... I hate them), love "Heard 'me Say." People who hate Coldplay (I don't hate them but they're embarrassingly bad at times, even if they seem jovial and good natured enough) love "Homecoming."

Kanye West is the Beatles you taint. You don't have to like him, but insinuating that he's not "here to stay" is RIDICULOUS. He's already stayed longer than the rules of hip-hop allow, and left the most iconic discography since John, Paul, George and Ringo in his wake.

Again, of 8 albums, all of them have been in the top ten of the most respected critics' poll in music (Pazz and Jop). FOUR of them have been #1. More than any artist in history, except for Bob Dylan, who also has four, but had a 30 year head start and something like 25 albums.

These other jokers are battin' in the D league.

/FACTS
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|