View Single Post
Old 05.14.2007, 10:13 AM   #8
farmhouse
bad moon rising

farmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Cornelius isn't really a noise musician, he's got more in common with Pizzicato Five than with Merzbow. He uses lots of pop samples and electronic sounds, kind of like a japanese Beck, but more interesting perhaps. Anyway, I saw he's playing Amsterdam as well, although I'm not sure yet if I'll go. Ghost are very good live indeed.

My point wasn't so much that they're all crap bands, but more that I don't understand why the fans are picking so much standard bands that are already touring regularly anyway. I mean it's not like Wilco or Mogwai rarely play in the UK or something. It's the one ATP where the fans can have their opinions heard yet it's the one ATP that looks more ordinary than most other ATPs. Missed opportunity.

yeah well . . . y'see . . .it's a vote kinda thing aint it where the majority rules. I think it was always going to be a pop-atp because it is voted for rather than curated by one person or one band . . . so you get this kind of naff popular list . . . and all the good bands (that is, the less popular) remain at the bottom of the pile. Yes, i agree, quite disappointing really.

But I have now listened to some Cornelius and I rather bloody like it . . . so thanks for that tip.
farmhouse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|