View Single Post
Old 06.19.2015, 01:34 PM   #46900
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

I fucking love DJ Koze.

Seriously. I think he's my favorite electronic artist to come up in the 2000's/2010's. This is the 50th volume in a long running series, and it's almost all remix material, but it plays like a studio album. So did last year's Reincarnations pt.II. He puts his stamp on every remix or edit he creates, and they become as uniquely "Koze" as his original studio work.

The source material is whacked and whimsical, covering everything from indie hip hop (Homeboy Sandman) and revered experimental electro-pop (Broadcast) to spoken word entries by William Shatner that are transformed into beautiful meditations in Koze's hands.

I can't wait for the follow-up to Amygdala, but this more than tides me over in the meantime.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|