View Single Post
Old 06.18.2011, 04:06 AM   #14841
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Un Chien Andalou just may be the pinnacle of what is good film. I don't think I've ever seen 15 minutes of footage define the true power of celluloid as finely as this one right here. People always jump right to the eye-cutting scene when discussing this flick, but really - there's so much more to it than that. I think that gets missed these days.

A classic with good reason, and this was my first time watching it on a non-computer monitor (thanks Netflix Wii).

And to think that THIS was made in 1929! Citizen Kane - eat your heart out.

Suzuki is incredible! I was continually wowed throughout my entire viewing. This film definitely seems to be more Leone-inspired than Branded to Kill, a lot of similar music queues and wide shots. Beautiful use of color throughout, and clever dialogue. I really dug it - maybe not as much as Branded to Kill - but I had a total blast!
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|