View Single Post
Old 04.08.2011, 04:38 PM   #14480
a-p a. niemi
the destroyed room

a-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Hey apa-niemi, would you mind sharing some thoughts on the last 5 flicks you just posted? Particularly the Bresson titles, and the Bunuel flick.

Thanks a bunch!

No problem, though I'm no good with words.

First, I hadn't seen any of those before. Can't really figure out why. Anyway I wanted to see some films by Bresson as I just read from one Finnish book of films of Aki Kaurismäki, that he loves Bresson (also Buñuel). And as you might now, Kaurismäki divides the Finnish public to two parts: most of them don't like (or hate) his work and the rest worship him. Or something like that.
Yeah, Bresson. I loved Pickpocket and I thought that at times Michel was quite similar character as Rahikainen in Kaurismäkis Crime and Punishment. Mouchette was also rather good, though from these two I prefer Pickpocket.
I think I've to watch it again. There's something very beautiful in both of those films. More than pictures, pacing or amateur actors but I really can't say what it is. At least not yet. All the same, I think everybody should watch Picpocket.

Los Olvidados was the first Buñuel film I've seen besides Un Chien Andalou. I'd say it's at least as fine a film as Pickpocket. One of the best films I've seen in a while. It was quite bleak and grey, but still very beautiful at the same time. The dream sequence was absolutely fantastic. I think I'm going to see a whole lot of other films by Buñuel.

Citizen Kane was good, but for some reason I can't wholly understand why some people say it's the greatest film ever made.

Yeah, I know I didn't really say a thing. Gonna sleep now.

Oh, just watched this: