View Single Post
Old 01.16.2020, 08:37 AM   #3041
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
and yet, like the cw keeping buffy alive, and having other hits that elude me personally, the syfy channel had some hits.

they had the glorious battlestar galactica (that was big), aired the original mst3k (not so big but culturally relevant), brought the reboot of dr who to america (which i actually missed in that first run), and have had other accomplishments to keep them alive.

a few years ago they had this cheaply but really cheaply made little show call “defiance” that i liked for a while.

then again of course there have been many duds in between, like one show about people with superpowers featuring this woman who could smell the poo 3 floors down in her office building... man i tried to like it but that show sucked. “alphas” or something? oy...

eta: there also must be something likeable among this wrecks:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...original_films
megashark vs mechashark? i’m interested

oh and of course, i forgot cuz ive never been a fan, but didn’t they carry stargate sg-1 for half a century or something? or it carried them...

I dunno man, but in the Buffy days I’m prrrty sure the CW was still the WB or whatever.

Anyway, SyFy did make Farscape available to U.S. audiences, and that was a weird and fun little deal for a while if you didn’t think too hard about it.

Also that show Eureka, based on a Stephen King short-story but having literally nothing to do with said story other than a character named “The Colorado Kid” was... eh, not great but OK.

I shrug.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|