View Single Post
Old 04.29.2015, 10:19 AM   #18689
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
So it wasn't better than the first Avengers? I only saw the first trailer that was released and haven't watched any of the other trailers or any scenes that have been released online. I've had high hopes for this even suggesting this could be the Marvel films' "The Empire Strikes Back". I've skimmed over a couple reviews saying it was disappointing but for the most part it seems to be getting great early reviews.

I was hoping for the same thing. In terms of tone it kind of is similar to 'The Empire Strikes Back', but unfortunately it didn't have the consistency to reach the emotional gravitas it could have reached. There are several darker implications that seem intriguing at first, but then wind up going nowhere. The pacing didn't exactly help either.

I'd say the first movie was much more well-rounded. There were a select few standout things Age Of Ultron did better though. Among them is the character development. We get to explore some new aspects about some of the characters that are nicely executed. The only problem is that these moments sort of got drowned out by a barrage of unfinished ideas.

At least that's how I felt about it. Could be that you find it awesome. A lot of reviewers do. Guess it might turn out to be a very polarizing movie in the way it is perceived.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|