View Single Post
Old 05.18.2015, 03:21 PM   #38692
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hell yes, he was as experimental as they come, fantastic visuals, but ideologically he was committed diametrically elsewhere-- the movie itself condemns things like lipstick, if i recall. it's been a few years since i last saw it but with him it's all about being a good worker for the revolution.

if you use him he'll start turning in his grave ha ha ha. use him! :P

Yeah, like many of his contemporaries. This dichotomy of artistic freedom and extreme ideological views is fascinating to say the least. I love the visual techniques of the movie, but you're right that it might not be all too fitting for such an event.

Oh and you really should check The Phantom Carriage out. It is a very impressive feat for its time. Visually it is quite similar to many German Expressionist films of that time, but without all the over the top facial expressions and camera-mugging. In fact, the acting is quite restrained and remarkably true to life. And the overlay effects that were used to make the actors appear ghostly must have been a lot of work back then. They are still beautiful to look at today.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|