View Single Post
Old 07.27.2017, 10:23 AM   #321
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Not necessarily. There have been numerous electronic live acts that have blown me away - last one I recall was Squarepusher 2 weeks ago (on the same festival that I had played) - boy, that was some proper minfuck.
Also, just from top of my head, the ones that were truly memorable, were for example Fennesz (sometime around 2002-2003), Autechre, Loscil, Amnesia Scanner, etc.

Yeah, ok. I guess it's a difference between electronic artists performing shows and electronic artists playing DJ sets. I've seen Autechre and they crushed it. I've seen Fennesz and it was pretty goddamn transcendent.

Still, those are pretty exceptional artists. I think a lot of artists in the greater genre fail to deliver a good show, and instead just spin records, not really performing anything live.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|