View Single Post
Old 06.22.2013, 12:32 AM   #464
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I'm a huge fan sev, and have like everything the guy's done. But honestly the last decade has been ROUGH on him. More bad projects than good. And again, comign from a dude who probably praises the bad ones more than 'normal' folks.

I disagree. I think that the only "bad" project he did in the past 10 ten years was that Dr Octagon revival which was clearly a bad attempt and some kind of commercial revival. The reality of Kool Keith is that dude is meant and I dare say DESTINED to remain perpetually underground. His hip hop is art, but without being that contrived "art-rap" like Andre 3000 fiascos.

Dr Dooom 2/Diesel Truckers/Thee Undatakerz/Mr Nogatco/even Tashan Dorrsett have all been solid Kool Keith material, just not quite as popularly received as the first Doc Oc was in like 1998. I don't think Keith ever WANTED to be famous or celebrity or even popular so much as successful, and in that regard, the brother is making a living recording music and performing stage shows. I think he ain't complainin though I heard he was hinting about "retiring" which in Kool Keith world probably means inventing yet another character to rap as

Quote:
Every morning I wake up early, iron my power pants, stand in a power stance

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|