View Single Post
Old 09.17.2017, 04:42 PM   #21468
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
That's what sub-genres are for, and frankly I have little use for sub genre titles. Is "Alien" any less of a horror movie cause the killer is non human? Most horror fans would say "Alien" is a horror movie every bit as much as it is a sci-fi movie. I also don't like this distinction of high brow horror and low brow/grindhouse horror. I enjoy Psycho just as much as I do The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but because one movie is deemed more gross or violent people regulate TCM as a grind house movie. The Exorcist was a movie that blended both the high brow with the low brow. So you get all that creepy, thoughtful stuff, and you get a girl stabbing her vagina with a crucifix. I just don't feel the need for horror fans to justify any movie to the mainstream audience.

Ok, well... fair enough and I'm on board with that for sure, but can we please agree that Stephen King is not the master of horror, and the H.P. Lovecraft, indesputably, is? Please?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|