View Single Post
Old 08.14.2006, 06:30 PM   #69
Daddylikes
the end of the ugly

Daddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's assesDaddylikes kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
One of the many reedeeming qualities of Asperger's is having very narrow and/or bizarre interests, not to mention noticeably impaired social interactment.
And I was being REALLY REALLY SERIOUS, TOO.

Discussing Top Ten American Bands of the last 25 years and Second Favorite Dead Milkman albums on a Sonic Youth message board aren't really narrow or bizarre interests. Sure they are SPECIFIC questions, but the interest isn't really the second favorite album itself, but rather the Dead Milkman....which isn't too narrow and or bizarre for a Sonic Youth message board.

Asking about the preparation of squash (most likely because he hadn't prepared it before and was looking for suggestions) isn't indicative of an interest at all, but rather, indicative of a request for suggestions.

I don't know if you've ever met someone with asperger's, but an indicator would have been if he had talked about different varieties of squash, the history of squash, and social anecdotes involving squash without ever having been prompted. He would not have asked a question, and if he did, it would have only been to open up the floor so that he, himself could discuss his rare knowledge about squash.

The poster hasn't showed any kind of social impairment of any type, but rather the opposite, asking questions that seem to be enjoyed by people here on this message board and opening a dialogue to get to know us. This is the exact opposite of how someone with asperger's would act.

It's for these reasons that I have a feeling that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about w/r/t asperger's.

I took your question as serious, and I was letting you know why that was pretty much out of the question, and slightly insulting (to both him and people with Asperger's.)
Daddylikes is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|