Thread: I need $50.
View Single Post
Old 04.17.2007, 12:07 PM   #34
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I like !@#$%!'s suggestion of going to a work site early in the morning.
Are there any college buildings where they are doing landscaping?
That might be easier, although, in most cases they just have you hauling debris away from the site onto the back of a pick-up going to the dump.
Framers don't use hammers these days, they use nail-guns.

You could also call remodelers from your phone book and see if they need any laborers or assistants on any of their jobs. That would be less intensive. Surely you can hold a board and carry some building materials around for a carpenter.

I've done all these jobs before when I needed money. Many pay cash. I wonder how many of you that persistently project onto me some pretentious label have ever had a job where you had to swing a maddock (sledge hammer, jr.) around for two 3-hour sessions a day six days a week?

You could get people some controlled substances and be a middle-man too.

But no, you'd rather beg people for money.

I'm telling you all, that no matter whatever happened to me, I could never be a beggar...ever. I don't despise them, in fact, I often will listen to them or give them a little spare change. I've even been somewhat acquainted with a few street crazies in my life. I particularly vividly recall one bored Saturday summer afternoon on College Square in Athens as I sat in on a game of "baseball." But, I just know I could never do it.
And the thing is, I know would be excellent at being a beggar, but that doesn't matter.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|