View Single Post
Old 08.14.2014, 01:39 AM   #51
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don't hate pacino yet but he's had some terrible roles, e.g., carlito's way, or that stupid devil movie. i did like him in the merchant of venice though, last i recall, and donnie brasco, and other stuff. de niro, if you don't hate him yet, just watch "analyze this" and "analyze that" and "meet the parents/fockers/etc" and you'll be fed up with him for life.

the problem with these two is the same as many other people in business--- they will suck any cocks that are put in front of them and will never say no to anything, no matter how sucky. i mean. have they been in any seriously good movies lately?

how much better would it be if they made themselves scarce, and therefore more valuable--kinda like brando in his old age. well maybe not as reclusive, but damn, definitely more selective. according to imdb pacino is in 3 movies this year and deniro (dinero!) was in 7 yes 7 movies last year. 7, for fucks sakes.

hoffmann i think had the benefit of dying young. didn't have time to soil his career by becoming a caricature of himself for a paycheck.

DeNiro has to be one of the most wasteful actors in terms of talent I can think of and it seems completely down to his own poor judgement. How he thought he could cut it as a comedian I'll never know. Pacino's not as bad. Despite making a fair few clunkers (no arguments about Devil's advocate), I definitely think he's got a bit more integrity than DeNiro. And I think a lot of people are less put off by the quality of his films or his roles than by the more ott style he seemed to adopt in the 90s. I hated his more shouty style at first but now I like it. But I know a lot of people really can't stand it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|