View Single Post
Old 04.24.2015, 08:43 AM   #46482
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
My second beef is: it seems since Interpol, it has been acceptable to be completely derivative. Once upon a time saying a band sounded like Joy Division was a bit of a slam, suggesting the band couldn't come up with their own sound. Nowadays, it's just a descriptor, and no one seems to mind.
sometimes more than derivation it's outright copy. last year or something, i forget where, someone announces some band, i forget the name, and they start playing

i look at my wife and say: "that's echo and the bunnymen!" and then i go on with a rant along the lines of "why do we need this band at all if we already had echo and the fucking bunnymen." btw, i like echo and the bunnymen-- they had some good songs.

it's hard to be original after over half a century of rock though. i can't say i blame the recyclers. we're witnessing a kind of endgame as other musical forms like hiphop have taken the mantle in pop culture.

see if you like these lyrics
https://youtu.be/PpmwQcc1h2g
^^ greaaat fucking song.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|