Thread: Beer belly
View Single Post
Old 03.14.2009, 01:15 PM   #34
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
It's interesting how your body adjusts. On rare occasions I will eat chicken or pork or fish... and I actually feel fairly ill afterward. More so the longer it has been since I've eaten it. The fish not as badly, but definately with chicken or pork.

I hadn't drunk milk in very long time because it smells like cow. Musty and a real meaty smell. Though recently have had skim/no fat milk sometimes instead of soy, which hasnt been too bad.. I prefer the soy though honestly, by far. On rare occasions I will drink bonsoy but it is only a treat as its far too rich for every day drinking and far to expensive to buy all the time.

Ever since I was really young, meat really hasn't done it for me. It looked gross, and I felt bad. I was forced to eat it as a child and when everyone around you eats it and *you* are made to feel like the weird one for not eating it, you just go with that. I think for a lot of people who are vegetarian it is just an inescapable state of mind that you would prefer to only eat veg/fruit.

"..Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God..So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin." Romans 14

I live strictly vegan for most of the year, but break this cycle and eat regular animal products like meat, dairy and eggs (well not eggs, things with eggs in them like donuts and baked goods) in moderate amounts with absolutely no ill effects, aside from gaining the weight back that I lose from fasting during Ital livity.

My body can take much abuse, I lived off of cheeseburgers, psychedelic mushrooms, cigarettes and gummy bears for many years..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|