View Single Post
Old 11.11.2010, 09:04 PM   #54
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
All of the original blues artists are dead....however, the art form has yet to lose any level of popularity. Certainly, it's mutated and taken on different forms, but it's still there, and widely accessible.

Music that came before, not quite as much.

Explore the pentatonic scale...you can play everything with it from traditional african music, to blues, to rock and roll (and in most cases all variations of the aforementioned). Other than being "music", this can not be said about the "kurds" and their flutes.

All I'm getting at is that there is a valid, not to mention, interesting, history...but only those that take time to explore it. I'm NOT saying that music that came before blues is not important, surely it is...

But in terms of genre, no blues...no rock, no various forms of folk, no country (for damned sure, even if there is a not-so-obvious celtic influence, no punk....and say what you will, but none of this "noise-rock" shit....Jimi was the FIRST artist to be accepted as one who UTILIZED guitar feedback...before hand, it was considered undesirable by virtually all "accessible" artists.....).

We can argue that everything came from gregorian chat...but what I'm saying is, not too much of that is heard in today's music.
The majority of people into music I met so far think that the blues is a bunch of boring, simple wank and don't care for it, therefore you're only talking about your perception of what vastly influential means, or it's stuff you've read on the internet while you showered with a bottle of jack daniels.
More pics of Billy Corgan please.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|