View Single Post
Old 01.22.2016, 02:56 PM   #61
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Yeah, ok, sorry louder. You're right, I do like Future. At least, I like Pluto, Honest, parts of Monster and 56 Nights and his features. Some of the tunes on WATTBA are pretty choice. Haven't heard Purple Reign yet, but...

My main complaint with him is that he seems to be stuck in one place. DS2 was a disaster. Also, he's just getting hyped to high heaven by the hip-hop community, and I think that's bullshit. He's got talent but more often than not he seems to phone it in. And I really don't like the one dimensional "drug addict and loving in" thing. He's decided to be kind of a niche artist instead of pushing himself into new sonic areas.

In other words, he's the fucking opposite of Kanye. Even Drake, who I also have beef with but enjoy listening to, has a wider range than Future.

Future could fix this any time. I'd love to see him really step up and put himself out there.
Purple Reign is more of the "same".

Honest and Pluto were the peak of his creativity, but the lukewarm reaction made him step away from that, sadly. The fans wanted him to go back on his "street"/banger stuff from his early days. I'd love him to make an album full of R&B ballads and introspective/emotional songs.. but right now he has a niche and is sticking with it because it works for him (commercially and critically).
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|