View Single Post
Old 09.10.2015, 10:30 AM   #14
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
I'll show my age with this reply but I couldn't care less. In grade school I liked music, but as a relatively minor interest among many. But around the time I started junior high school, in the waning days of summer, I was in my bedroom listening to the radio when Sly and the Family Stone's Hot Fun In The Summertime came on. I had heard the song before but this time something clicked--I thought, "This is a REALLY good song". Yes, it praises warm weather fun, but it goes deeper than that. That's what started my fascination with music. I began listening to songs more closely, which led to my searching for stuff (pre-internet, you understand) beyond what you could hear on the radio, which led me to a lifetime of musical fanaticism. All that money on recorded music and concerts, and probably not being as far ahead in my career as I would be otherwise...was it worth it? Yes!
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|