View Single Post
Old 08.30.2013, 09:04 AM   #35612
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
usually you compete on price, convenience, or quality

some examples: walmart (here in the us) competes on price. cheaplest place to buy stuff. not pretty, not excellent, but cheap. same thing with costco, looks like a warehouse, you buy bulk.

for convenience you have something like mcdonalds. mcdonalds is not cheap because you can buy raw meat for less, but you go and it's quick and it's always the same and it's convenient.

quality, i don' know, a fine dining restaurant? you have to wait to get seated, or make a reservation 2 months ahead, costs you a lot, but oh the great chef.

i think given your economy if you could offer decent haircuts for a low price you could compete with others in your area. sorta like a target, which is as cheap as walmart but a little nicer. ha ha, my stupid american examples.

i really have no idea of what people want in your social circle but you know them better. what i meant to say is figure out in what area you want to compete because it's very hard to do it in all 3. like in the project triangle, you usually take 2 (fast/cheap/good), but you beat everyone else in 1.

here, supercuts usually gives you cheep service, it's a franchise, but it blows, yet it's massive.

i agree w/ jico in getting a very very clear niche (e.g. see purple cow)

ha ha i wish i could chat more about this right now but i have to go prep a wall for plaster. 8am here! maybe at lunch.\\ps- thanks for the inspiration. it's contagious.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|