View Single Post
Old 11.27.2012, 05:55 PM   #2154
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
don't expect sports night to be some kind of awesome thing-- it did win plenty of critical acclaim in its day but it's still a 30-minute late-90s network tv sitcom (sitcom of sorts... not sure what's called)-- though it foreshadows the west wing in so many ways.

re: stats-- i've seen a rise of those in football, or maybe i didn't watch european football before but the display of miles traveled or passes completed etc. is new to me. this could open the door to a moneyball-style analysis. don't they have those shoes with microchips now? that's gotta change the way people look at teams. me i'm always noticing the defenders who score at corner kicks-- who keeps tabs on that?

in any case... loyalty in the prem... hm... gerrard? i suppose there are a few players who are connected to their teams/towns-- but loyalty has to go both ways, i.e., teams have to treat players like something other than mere commodities, otherwise it's like the battered wife who's afraid to leave the marriage. if a team treats you like a piece of meat with skills you should be entitled to treat it like an ATM in return.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|