View Single Post
Old 04.14.2016, 11:00 PM   #9
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove

Thanks for posting this, it kind of forced me to look at this a little closer. [edit - sorry I posted this nonmusic item in a Sonic Gossip thread - I'd found the thread without realizing]

The Rense article said $5 billion, but he only got $4.1 billion according the the wall street journal in 2013. The 2012 article says the Port Authority- the taxpayer-is footing the bill for this horrible ugly mess they have down there. So the company still ended up with a big chunk of change. Unless he gave it all away quietly. I don't know the ownership structure of that company but whether it was 3 billion or half billion, thats still a lot of money.

After a four-day bench trial in Lower Manhattan this week, U.S. District Court Judge Alvin Hellerstein ruled that an investment group led by Mr. Silverstein had already received all the compensation for which it is eligible: the $4.1 billion paid by property insurers in 2004.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...14292502152144 Jul 18 2013

The costs for the overall site, which includes two buildings, rights for two more towers, a memorial and museum and a $3.4 billion transportation hub, have largely been borne by the Port Authority, which is funded by both airports and toll payers of the region's bridges and tunnels. The agency has been forced to divert resources away from transportation projects that have long been planned. Those include redevelopments of aging and crowded airport terminals.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|