View Single Post
Old 01.08.2017, 03:34 PM   #20420
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
well, not an adaptation, but yeah, definitely an homage. I felt the same way when that film first came out. I felt that it did a pretty good job of fulfilling a desire some folks might have to see a Holden-esque character on screen without the fallout that would inevitably come from commercializing such a cherished classic. I don't ever want to see Catcher in the Rye directly adapted into a film. Ever. No Fucking thank you. But I did really like Igby Goes Down, and thought it had the kind of spirit that a Catcher film would need.

Not sure how it would hold up today. Haven't seen it since way back, but I definitely loved it at the time.

igby is catcher, just reworked. it's not an homage, it's the same blueprint, just names and details changed to protect the innocent and themes updated for our century. just like grizzly and piranha aren't homages to jaws but as close as you can get without plagiarism charges.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|