View Single Post
Old 10.24.2009, 08:13 AM   #79
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
I'll whisper this, but I didn't think it was one of SY's better shows. It may have been the venue, rather than them, but it all seemed a bit sterile to me. And DV69 just didn't seem right - it was too big, too rock 'n' roll.

But in mitigation, I had a bad back, so I wasn't really in the right mood.

I kind of agree, I didn't tell my friends this just to avoid bringing the mood down but it was the weaker of the now 3 SY gigs I've seen. They were still fucking awesome, they always are. But perhaps what they played was too heavily leant towards Eternal material, I hate to think what classics tracks could have replaced the more disposable songs on TE, like Leaky Lifeboat and What We Know. I made a mistake with this gig, in expecting them to play a song. Judging on their setlists from the European gigs in the days before I was sure they would play Shadow of a Doubt, it was a pretty solid assumption, so I was pretty damn dissapointed when they didn't play it. It is afterall, my favourite song ever. I'm sure SY gig no. 4 at ATP will deliver where this one failed. Hell, I might even here that song. I won't assume so next time. I didn't find Death Valley 69 too rocky, it was a great way to finish the show and the definate highlight, almost making up for the absence of SOAD. Also, the gig was soured by some absolute c**ts next to me in the audience, that guy who shouted "you suck", and an unbeleivably creepy old bloke who was a relentless source of irritation to people infront of him, whom he leant on and girated against throughout. Chatting with Stu before and after the gig confirmed that the only Sonic Youth fans I don't tend to think are absolute pricks are on this board. So umm, love y'all.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|