View Single Post
Old 08.18.2015, 07:14 AM   #18924
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance: Finally got to watch it in its entirety. I remember only seeing the ending a few years ago. I thought it was pretty longwinded. Sure there were some nice touches, but overall it didn't really do much for me. But maybe a lot of this is due to the terrible German dub. I usually avoid dubs, but it just so happened to be on tv and there was no other option.

Being There: Peter Sellers is amazing in this. And there's something about combining calm, almost meditative cinematography with biting satire.

The Panic In Needle Park: Needed my summerly fix of gritty 1970s-1980s New York-based movies. A young Pacino showing his early acting potential. It started out with deeply flawed but likeable protagonists and spiralled into something way more sinister. It did stretch a bit at certain points but a fine movie overall.

The Conversation: This has got to be one of my all-time favorite suspense-based movies. Hackman is great and the sound-editing plus forboding visuals make for a haunting viewing experience. Coppola had quite a run in the 70s.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|