View Single Post
Old 03.29.2013, 09:33 PM   #34
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99

Tarantino: I couldn't even get into Pulp Fiction either to be honest. It had its entertaining moments, but it was mostly superficial and desperately emulative junk. Those are just my thoughts on it

And that's not to say I have anything against resembling other artists. However, when I watch his films, he seems like someone who gets carried away with his inspirations to the point where he lacks depth or a distinguishing factor. It comes off as a rehash of things rather than something that was merely inspired by other films or whatever. Hopefully you know what I mean..

I'm with el Symbols. Give the man Pulp Fiction, at least. I can see how the rehash thing could be applied to his more recent stuff but while PF obviously has its influences I'd say Tarantino treated them in a pretty original way, at least at the time, and definitely compared with most of the countless films it influenced. The sense that it lacks anything distinctive now, may be the result of its style winding up in almost every gangster movies made after it. I like Pulp Fiction, Hard Boiled and Goodfellas a lot, but for their combined influence on recent gangster movies, I almost wish they'd never been made.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|