Thread: Dropping out...
View Single Post
Old 01.06.2007, 11:03 AM   #35
macrodollar
little trouble girl

macrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard suckamacrodollar cold hard sucka
Hey, I'm in similar sort of position:
The people I know are obsessed only with money and getting jobs in the city, many public school but most raving tories so right wing they hate Cameron for being liberal. I end up spending nights with people I have little in common with because I happened to hang around with them earlier on and found out too late they weren't my sort.
Being in Oxford though I can imagine is worse as it has the highest proportion of that sort. Despite all this I'm going back because I beleive I can be more social then I have been (though I don't much want to) and have faith that I can meet people I click with.
I would say a lot of it is feeling lonely after having such deep relationships with my friends (Me and Washingmachine are best friends, in fact he showed me this thread!)

Don't know if anyone has suggested this, but what about societies? I would try to see how it goes for another term, especially since you will walk your way into a lot of jobs with such a respected degree! Although I beleive that career shouldn't be the overriding aim in life, I know a few people who flunked A levels and they have no future right now.

Edit: I've been thinking of moving to uni in Cardiff but am being put off by the crap looking course, it's important that you enjoy what you're doing!
macrodollar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|