View Single Post
Old 02.04.2019, 02:41 PM   #50901
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Take your terrible opinions and throw them away. Some of the stuff on there ranks up there with the best.
Nah, I will fight you here.

Yes, 'Burn the Witch' is spectacular, as is 'True Love Waits' (if inferior to the 2001 version). I've also got quite the fond spot for 'Present Tense'.

The problem I have is that the rest of it is effectively background music. I am being fully serious here, I've largely tuned out a lot of it and can tell you barely anything about most of the songs. 'Daydreaming' especially irks me, because it's as long as 'Paranoid Android' but nowhere near as interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I'm going to argue that there's no such thing as a bad Radiohead album.

*throws Pablo Honey a menacing glare*
I have been listening to plenty of old bootlegs lately, and I've realised I was wrong on Pablo. It's not a complete trashfire, it's got a few excellent tracks along with plenty forgettable ones. Like AMSP.

Basically you've got your Holy Trinity (Bends, OKC, Kid A), which are beyond amazing. Then, in whatever order you prefer, Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief, In Rainbows. (I'm overly harsh on IR and I really shouldn't be, but the others appeal to me more - they have more impressive experimentation). Then AMSP, Pablo, and TKOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I'm a reasonable man, get off my case

get off my case

get off my case
I think you mean 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚊𝚜...

I've been pumping that song too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
The comp ''Work and Non Work'' is a good start with all the early singles on one album. After that, I'd start with ''The Noise Made By People'' and listen to all the rest. They never made a bad record, so you're in safe hands.
My introduction was 'Echo's Answer', which was on the Alternative 90s playlist on Spotify. So I relistened to that, then went Work and Non Work because it was the first one.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|