View Single Post
Old 08.21.2013, 08:55 AM   #17303
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Yeah, on paper a Jack Nicholson Western would be the shit, but he did several, and they all simply suck.

I dunno. The Missouri Breaks is one of my favourite westerns and he's brilliant in it. He was just miscast in The Shooting. There always has to be that slightly eccentric sense of humour with him for me but in that he plays a cold killer which just isn't him. Jack Palance, yes, but not Jack Nicholson.

Quote:
Its like, all of his curmudgeon characters would be so perfect, but didn't really develop fully until The Shining and after..

I'm not sure about the curmudgeon thing. Again it's the slightly eccentric almost stoner humour that I really associate him with, so I suppose I think of his stuff from the 60s-70s like The Last Detail, Missouri Breaks, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Easy Rider, etc, as being his real peak. He is great in The Shining though, but even there, playing a psycho killer, he still manages to be laugh out loud funny. The "Here's Johnny" line?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|