View Single Post
Old 01.11.2017, 02:25 PM   #40159
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
As far as the management goes, no idea. My only plan at the moment is to try and remove things that stress her, but I don't believe that will necessarily help her manage the stress. She loves yoga and meditation, so I try and encourage that. I also try to encourage being neat not because she's messy(she is a bit messy), but because I believe it makes managing everything easier.
ha! im a very messy guy, and this is why i've learned to get rid of clutter whenever possible. i'm a fucking minimalist these days. a good guide to that is leo babauta. check his blog. he's got a ton on the subject. here's a random google find: https://zenhabits.net/a-guide-to-cre...nimalist-home/

and this also goes along with a time routine. i've noticed that if i have a daily routine it actually clears my mind of worries and forgettings and shit because everything is taken care of. so when i go out to play i'm sure i'm free to go play. and at work my head is freer to focus on the important stuff that requires actual decision making etc. not "what am i having for breakfast tomorrow?" or "did i pay the electricity?" but "how can i complete project X the best possible way?". that moves all the "exciting" and "unpredictable" to the important stuff, so to speak. limits the adrenaline.

and speaking of routine-- fuck yeah-- daily cardio, yoga and meditation keep me sane. when i stop or procrastinate, things go to shit a bit. which is why the routine helps make a place for those things. yoga from 5 to 540. 15 minutes meditation after waking. sun/tue/thu hiking. etc. etc. easy.

the question though is if these are your plans, or hers too. in other way-- is she willing to do the work to be saner/get along/get welletc? cuz it takes 2 to tango.

btw, the way meditation helps to prevent drama is because drama happens in the past and the future. in other words: "this shit happened to me, boohoo, i'm so miserable" or "this shit will happen to me, boohoo, i'm so miserable." meditation, when done well, and not as some kind of bullshit daydream, actually snaps your head back to the present, where it's needed to deal with reality.

btw, that's how games have that delicious effect as well: if you're not in the moment of the game, you fuck up and lose. it's not exactly the same as meditation but yes, it gives your head a break. meditation shows you that the game is here.

anyway best wishes don joaquín.

eta: i almost forgot! removing sugar and refined starches from the diet is huge to fight both stress and inflammation. i've actually removed all starches but i'm weird and you can't expect everyone to be that way. but nuking sugar & refined carbs is doable by all.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|