View Single Post
Old 06.14.2017, 11:16 PM   #136
Kuhb
children of satan

Kuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's assesKuhb kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian

Parachutes
Their first album had a couple of tunes that were very strong, however. "Yellow" is just a good fucking song. Oasis wishes they had ever written a song so perfectly poppy, tuneful, and reverent of quasi-indie "hip" influences like Stone Roses and Ride. That song deserved to be as big as it was. It's not my favorite kind of music by a loooong shot, but you're mad if you don't appreciate how sweet that shit sounded next to Third Eye Blind and Korn on the radio.
Still not an album I ever had any interest in owning... not an album I'll likely ever listen to in full, but still... "Yellow" was the tits.

If Radiohead wrote "Trouble" from Parachutes and put it on In Rainbows with a glitchy beat people would have lost their minds. I had to learn it the other day for work and it's deceptively complex harmonically
Kuhb is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|