View Single Post
Old 09.18.2007, 03:43 PM   #45
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
The Bomb 20 of 'Flip Burgers Or Die!' is another one that springs to mind. Racist prick that goes by the username of Glice will probably agree with me on this one.

I'm incapable of listening to that tune without having a nice, polite, middle-class riot of dancing, so, in theory, that song sounds like my limbs gyrating manically rather than being scary. It is one of the better songs of ever though.

I'd have to side with a lot of contemporary composers on the disturbing side of things. Schnitkke, Ligeti, Lutoslawski, the Stravinsky of the Rites, Mahler when he's not being all gay and romantic, Penderecki (even later stuff - ooh). Sometimes I get that mood where Jandek does what he's meant to, but mostly I find it less interesting.

I listened to a Francesco Lopez piece last night [untitled number something] while I was sleeping. It was amazing, woke up to this horrible bee noise, someone breathing and a rhythmically off-set grandfather clock. So very wrong. Obviously there's your Diamandas and your Hainos. Otherwise, it's all been mentioned. Assuming someone's mentioned C93. Have they? To be honest, I skim more than ever these days, and I couldn't be fucked to read everything in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|