View Single Post
Old 04.01.2006, 07:03 PM   #18
timglasgow
empty page

timglasgow has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by shentov
so, what's that supposed to mean?

The echoCAM actually partly evolved out of the fact that i was spending a lot of time at the studio far away from my real home, and my girlfriend always got bummed out that i never stayed in touch when i was in "work mode". i started up a webcam so she (and the sonics when they were on tour, etc.) could keep an eye on what i was doing so she could still feel "connected", and it worked very well.

The obvious thing to do at that point was to set up a cam that worked in the other direction (i.e. set up in my apartment at home), so i could see what was going on at back at the ranch.

Myself and the band also just thought a 24/7 webcam in the studio would be really cool, and once Lee saw it in action, it had to go public!

Shortly after that chabib got involved, finding us a much sweeter camera (and later the second tracking room camera) and we migrated the cam from a server i had hijacked onto the sy.com server where it has remained basically unchanged since then. Hopefully we can get it back on line at the new studio space once things are unpacked and we get settled in.

The wrEckoCAM now travels around with me so usually the image on the left is either live or recently live from home, and the one on the right is wherever i'm at with the ol' PowerBook. Occasionally they both run at the same time.

--t
[echo caņon, nyc]
timglasgow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|