View Single Post
Old 07.10.2009, 01:41 PM   #100
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
Yeah, I'm being deliberately hypocritical because I remember when I was first getting the opportunity to see them live, all I wanted to hear were the old songs and I'd always end up at shows where they did mostly new (unreleased) stuff. Drove me mad, no matter how good the shows were. Took me about 5 or 6 years of fandom before I finally got to hear all the staples (at once), but when the novelty of hearing those same old staples wears off you really just ache to hear the new material (or different old staples, ha ha).

What's funny(?) is that every few years new fans (or old fans not able to see them often) will go thru this same cycle!! It's totally understandable...and part of the reason the band has sustained itself so well, I think. Their concerts, particularly the way their new material develops over the course of a tour, is what keeps them vital. They've always been incredibly consistent as far playing almost exclusively new material on tour, so it should be no surprise.

Being a fan of 6 years, and having had the opportunity to see them but twice, on album tours, because they would never play any sort of non-album shows in Canada... I don't think it's really necessarily to play an almost exclusively new material set at a time like their one and only Canadian show for three years, you get me? Even with the "we don't want to become dinosaurs" argument, it doesn't add up to me, personally, play for another half our, you could throw in a bunch of classics and do the whole new album if you want.

Don't interpret this like I hated the show I saw, I just mean, it would be nice to be able to see a show like that, and then maybe a year down the line, another in this neck of the woods that would consist of a more evenly spread setlist.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|