Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 11.13.2009, 04:26 AM   #65
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
I dont listen to this new pop, I fucking hate the mechanical souless feel it has.
That's an immature way at appreciating music.
it's not like every pop act sounds the same, and pop productions (of a certain level) are among the most amazing/interesting songs you can hear nowadays (not just "on the radio"). Like when sygossip said Single Ladies is just a bunch of handclapping and drums, clearly he never cared to listen properly coz there's much more than that in the base.
If you guys listen to pop stuff on a tv with mono speakers and no eq there's a good chance things will sound crappier, but that would be true even with the most amazing band(in your book)'s songs.
If you say "I don't want to take the time to listen to this stuff properly coz I care for other stuff and I don't have time for this" it's perfectly understandable, but deeming "modern" pop as "souless" or crappy sounding or poorly produced is just a prejudice.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|