View Single Post
Old 07.10.2010, 03:03 PM   #11271
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
okay...

1. SC1,2 & 3 are all great. I love them all. I just prefer 2 for whatever reason. But like I said, I love 3. I think Return had good intentions, but just sort of stumbled a bit. The "your ass stinks" kid is funny for a bit, but then just too much. It's hard to empathize with him. And I feel like even they were confused if you were supposed to. Also, the cop disguise was really really bad. Even if it was supposed to be. I didn't like that.

2. I couldn't tell you about any alternate cut. I just know that it felt like it was like "oh yeah, that's right, I WENT THERE!" Which to me is just kind of a cop-out. "oh yeah, gross shit came out of his dick! That's right!" I don't know, gross for the sake of gross I just out-grew I guess.

3. I agree on this point. I think that Roost was ok. I never saw Trigger Man. Hated CF2, but House Of The Devil seems to prove to me that he's sort of figured some shit out. Like he doesn't need just the easy-gross-out shit to make a great movie. He figured out atmosphere. And how to make something feel retro without being campy or stupid. SO yeah, he could have a great filmography ahead of him.