View Single Post
Old 08.31.2019, 12:50 PM   #1543
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I made mussels for the first time myself yesterday. It's extremely yummy and so easy! Take 1kg of mussels per person, and change the amount for other ingredients accordingly

For wine I selected an Austrian, Gruener Veltiner
Apologies for European sizes

According to the recipe the cooking time is 15 minutes, but that was at least for me way too long. A litthe over 5 minutes was all it took.
And don't gorget to wash the mussels with cold water before cooking, if necessary (package should say so). And don't cook the ones that are already open

this recipe comes from a cookbook by Léon de Bruxelles which is a chain of restaurants in France. I ate there a couple of times, and every time at the same restaurant their mussels were heavily overcooked. I'm a better cook than their cook(s)

haaahaaahaaaahaaaaa!

yeah, 15 min is way toooo fucking long

maybe they’re trying to reduce the liquid but that long it’s gonna be murder on the mussels

for me, just 3 min ftw, but i cook them in a steamer basket. could make sauce separately i suppose
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|